Ant Control & Extermination in Greater Toronto Area
In Toronto, ant control is essential for keeping your home pest-free and peaceful. There are thousands of ant species in the world, but only a few that cause disturbances to humans — including some of the species you find in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). Out of the commonly seen ant species, identifying which is which can be difficult. That’s why getting professional ant removal, pest control, and ant extermination in Toronto is necessary. You should take all ant infestations seriously but some are more alarming such as carpenter ant infestation. Carpenter ants like to chew through wood and discard it, making way in the tunnel. If left untreated, carpenter ants can cause a lot of damage to your home or business. Fortunately at Brilliex Pest Control we have been helping homeowners and businesses deal with their ant infestation safely and quickly since 2009.
At Brilliex Pest Control, we provide commercial and residential ant control & ant extermination in Toronto, Richmond hill, Mississauga, Brampton, Markham, and surrounding cities in the GTA. Not only can we correctly identify what kind of ant you’re dealing with, but we can also make sure to get them out and keep them out. We often start with an inspection. Once our ant exterminator has a better picture of the problem, we will come up with the best plan of action. We will only use pesticide if absolutely necessary. Most cases can be solved with alternative solutions such as dusting and/or baiting. You can have a peace of mind knowing that our ant removal solution is tailored to fit your specific needs.
Life Cycle of Ants
When we talk about the life cycle of ants, we refer to them in four different stages. The first stage is the egg, then the larva, pupa, and finally, the adult.
The egg stage: The oval-shaped and tiny eggs that ants produce may or may not fertilize. When the egg is fertilized, it gives rise to the female ants which are the workers, the queens, or the soldiers. The unfertilized eggs result in the development of the male ants. The queens’ eggs tend to be bigger in size compared to others.
The larva stage: This is the stage in which the ant is devoid of eyes and legs. It has a worm-like appearance, and it feeds on regurgitated food provided by the adult ants. As they increase in size and develop into other stages, they shed their skin, and new layers are formed to support the new body size.
The pupa stage: This signifies the beginning of the adult stage of the ant. After getting to a
particular size in the larva stage, it spins a silk-like cocoon around itself, pupates, and changes into a form similar to the adult.
The adult stage: For the next 6-10 weeks, the adult stage is completed. The lifespan of the ant varies: the queen can live up to 15 years while the worker ants can live up to 7 years.
Type of Ants
- Acrobat Ants (Crematogaster)
- Argentine ants (Linepithema humile)
- Asian needle ant (Pachycondyla chinensis)
- Carpenter ants (Camponotus)
- Crazy ant (Paratrechina longicornis)
- Dark rover ants (Brachymyrmex patagonicus)
- European fire ant (Myrmica rubra)
- Field ant (Formica)
The Acrobat ants (Crematogaster) have its color vary from red-black, all black, yellow-brown and brown. The workers possess two nodes and have a length of 2.5 to 3mm. The acrobat ant originates its name from the fact that they run with their abdomen held in the air. Although, they do not commonly invade the house, they have the ability to sting and also aggressive.
The Argentine ants (Linepithema humile) possess a body length of 2.2-2.8mm with just a node. They bring out a musty smell when stepped upon, and unlike the Acrobat Ants type, they do not have the ability to sting. Their colors vary from light to dark brown.
Asian needle ant (Pachycondyla chinensis) has a body length of 5mm with just a node. Unlike other types of ants, they are less aggressive with dark brown color. It tends to sting when pressed against the body or get stucked inside the clothes.
Trusted Pest Control Services
Join the list of our happy clients. For all your pest control needs such as Ant Control anywhere in the GTA call our experts 1-866-650-1811 .
General Facts about Ants
- More than 12,000 species of ants exist around the world.
- Bullet ants are said to have the most painful sting out of all of the types of ants. The bullet ant got its name because its sting is often compared to the pain of a gunshot.
- It’s estimated that fire ants cause more than $750 million in damage each year to agricultural assets. They might be small, but North America’s red imported fire ant has a painful bite that results in a burning sensation.
- Ants are known for being one of the strongest creatures in the world for their size. In fact, a single ant can carry 50 times its own weight — comparable to this would be a seven-year-old lifting a car. Ants often team up and work in groups to move bigger items.
how to prevent ants
The presence of ants is often determined by the weather. In warm weather, ants are more commonly seen. During this time, it’s especially important to clean up any sugary spills in and around the home that can attract ants.
What are some other ways to prevent ants? Here are some important instructions to follow:
- Keep the environment clean: Making sure your home is properly cleaned is the best preventative measure when it comes to ants (and many other pests)! Once the home and surrounding area is clean, ants won’t find a reason to come in and stick around.
- Regular dish cleaning: Keeping up with dish-washing can help a lot in preventing ants from showing up.
- Wipe every surface: Since ants are attracted to the sweet or sticky substances resulting from spills, ensure that every common surface is wiped to prevent them from finding this food source.
- Store food in closed containers: When food is stored properly and ants are denied access, it helps to promote the prevention of ants in the area.
- Mend cracks and small entrances into the home: Ants can work their way into your home through the tiniest areas, like cracks in the walls and underneath doors.
let us solve your Ant problem today
call our experts 1-866-650-1811 today
How We can help
Brilliex Pest Control is the right place to turn to for ant control & extermination in Toronto and the surrounding area! Our ant removal experts will provide exceptional service each and every time. All our ant removal jobs are 100% guaranteed so you have nothing to worry about. We will make sure you are satisfied and your ant problem is resolved quickly.
In addition to ants, we can effectively help with other forms of pest control and extermination. With our years of experience and highly skilled staff, we always do our best to ensure that our customers get the very best service in the industry. Get in touch with us to experience this high-quality service for yourself today! We offer ant control in Toronto, North York, Thornhill, Richmond Hill, Aurora, Newmarket, Stouffville, Scarborough, Markham, Unionville, Etobicoke, Mississauga, Oakville, Brampton, Burlington, Ajax, Milton, and more.
What our happy clients say
360 Wildlife was great! They showed up soon after I called, fixed the problem, and we’re done without missing a beat. A few months later I called them again for some help and they showed up that morning. Again, it was a great experience.In a day and age where you never know what you’re getting with an Internet find, it’s good to know that people are out there that take their work seriously and do a good job. I’d definitely call them again and recommend them to family and friends.
Ray answered our call immediately and came out the same day. Amazing pics and video of damage to our property and on-the-spot repair. Informative and professional service and answered all our concerns. Would highly recommend Ray and Sam.
In these times its hard to hire a true Professional service..never knowing what you’re going to get ! My experience went above and beyond ! Prompt, professional, courteous service ! Extremely satisfied and most definitely recommend to anyone.
When I discovered that a family of squirrels had made a home in my soffits and attic, it was a less than welcome surprise. Wildlife 360 responded quickly to my request for help. They were prompt getting to my home to size things up and solved the problem in a short time. Their team is courteous and professional. I’m glad I made the choice to work with them and would highly recommend their services.
These guys are awesome! Professional, prompt and thorough! We had our entire roof/soffit protected so that wildlife can no longer access our attic. Well worth the money! It was a true pleasure dealing with these gentlemen! I’d highly recommend this company to everyone!!!