Ant Control & Extermination in Greater Toronto Area
Ants exist in various species globally. There are thousands of Ants species existing on earth, but there are just few that serves as a disturbance to man. Out of the common ones, identifying which is which is another limiting factor. The knowledge of Ant control, Pest control and Ant extermination is necessary. AT 360 Wildlife Control, we provide commercial and residential Ant Control & Extermination in Toronto, Mississauga, Markham and surrounding cities.
Life Cycle of Ants
Talking about the life cycle of ants, we see that there are four stages included. It begins from the egg >>>larva >>>pupa >>>adult. The oval shaped and tiny eggs produced may fertilize, and may not. When the egg fertilizes, it gives rise to the female ants which are the workers, the queens or the soldiers, while the unfertilized eggs results in the development of the male ants. The queens’ eggs tend to be bigger in size when compared to others.
The next stage of the Ant life is the larva stage. The larva stage is the stage in which the ant is devoid of eyes and legs. It has a worm-like appearance and feed on regurgitated food provided by the adult ants. As they increase in size and develop into stages, they shed their skin and new layers are formed to support the new body size.
The next stage which is the pupa stage signifies the beginning of the adult stage of the ant. After getting to a particular size in the larva stage, it spins a silk-like cocoon around itself, pupates, and changes into a form similar to the adult.
The last stage of the Ant cycle is the Adult stage. For the duration of 6-10 weeks, the adult stage is completed. The years of mortality vary in Ants; the queen can live up to 15years while the workers can last for 7 years.
Type of Ants
- Acrobat Ants (Crematogaster)
- Argentine ants (Linepithema humile)
- Asian needle ant (Pachycondyla chinensis)
- Carpenter ants (Camponotus)
- Crazy ant (Paratrechina longicornis)
- Dark rover ants (Brachymyrmex patagonicus)
- European fire ant (Myrmica rubra)
- Field ant (Formica)
The Acrobat ants (Crematogaster) have its color vary from red-black, all black, yellow-brown and brown. The workers possess two nodes and have a length of 2.5 to 3mm. The acrobat ant originates its name from the fact that they run with their abdomen held in the air. Although, they do not commonly invade the house, they have the ability to sting and also aggressive.
The Argentine ants (Linepithema humile) possess a body length of 2.2-2.8mm with just a node. They bring out a musty smell when stepped upon, and unlike the Acrobat Ants type, they do not have the ability to sting. Their colors vary from light to dark brown.
Asian needle ant (Pachycondyla chinensis) has a body length of 5mm with just a node. Unlike other types of ants, they are less aggressive with dark brown color. It tends to sting when pressed against the body or get stucked inside the clothes.
Trusted Pest Control Services
Join the list of our happy clients. For all your pest control needs such as Ant Control anywhere in the GTA call our experts 1-866-650-1811 .
General Facts about Ants
- worldwide, there are over 12,000 varieties existing. Ranging from those that can be seen around, in bushes, and those that reside in the rain forest, etc.
- A type of Ant referred to as the bullet Ant is said to have the most painful sting out of the various types of Ants: in relation to their type of habitat, the bullet Ant had been said to sting like being hit by a bullet.
- Fire ants cause over £3 billion worth of damage a year: looking at the size, North America’s red imported fire ant might only be little, but the tiny critters have a painful bite which results into a burning sensation – the insect derived its name from the mode and act of biting. Which costs the US millions in veterinary and medical bills every year? They’ve also been known to cause damage to farmer’s crops.
According to research, it is said that the ant is one of the world’s strongest creatures in relation to its size: A single ant can carry 50 times its own body weight, and they’ll even work together to move bigger objects as a group.
how to prevent ants
The population of Ants present at a particular place in a given time can be decided by the weather. Now, in warm weathers, the presence of Ants is favored and they seem to be seen around often. One of the disturbing insects commonly found in the home is the Ant since you have to be careful not to spill any sugary thing, so as not to invite a thousand of them.
Once you discover Scout Ants, know that they are trying to look for food and in order to do that, they enter the home and whatsoever food they’d like. In order to prevent ants, there are little instructions that must be followed, and these include:
- Keeping the environments clean: proper cleaning of your home is not only a preventive measure, but the best of them. Of course! Once the home and surrounding is clean, there is no reason an ant would come around since it can’t find any food particle around.
- Regular dish cleaning: cleaning dishes regularly can help a lot in preventing ants from coming around.
- Wipe every surface: since ants are also attracted to sweet or sticky substance resulting from spills, ensure that every common surfaces are wiped so as to prevent this.
- Store food in closed containers: when foods are stored properly and Ants are denied access, it helps to promote the prevention of Ants from the surrounding or home
Mend cracks and small entrances into the home: the presence of cracks in walls, bottom of doors, etc. can enhance the entrance of ants into the home, therefore this should be prevented from happening.
let us solve your Ant problem today
call our experts 1-866-650-1811 today
How We can help
360 Wildlife Control is the right place to turn to, we can effectively help you out in areas such as Ant control, Pest control and Ant extermination. We do it, and we do it best. With our years of experience and motivational feedbacks, we keep putting in our best to ensure that our customers get the optimum. Get in touch with us to get high quality services Today! We service all GTA including: Toronto, North York, Thornhill, Richmond Hill, Aurora, Newmarket, Stoufville, Scarborough, Markham, Unionville, Etobicoke, Mississauga, Oakville, Brampton, Milton & more.
What our happy clients say
360 Wildlife was great! They showed up soon after I called, fixed the problem, and we’re done without missing a beat. A few months later I called them again for some help and they showed up that morning. Again, it was a great experience.In a day and age where you never know what you’re getting with an Internet find, it’s good to know that people are out there that take their work seriously and do a good job. I’d definitely call them again and recommend them to family and friends.
Ray answered our call immediately and came out the same day. Amazing pics and video of damage to our property and on-the-spot repair. Informative and professional service and answered all our concerns. Would highly recommend Ray and Sam.
In these times its hard to hire a true Professional service..never knowing what you’re going to get ! My experience went above and beyond ! Prompt, professional, courteous service ! Extremely satisfied and most definitely recommend to anyone.
When I discovered that a family of squirrels had made a home in my soffits and attic, it was a less than welcome surprise. Wildlife 360 responded quickly to my request for help. They were prompt getting to my home to size things up and solved the problem in a short time. Their team is courteous and professional. I’m glad I made the choice to work with them and would highly recommend their services.
These guys are awesome! Professional, prompt and thorough! We had our entire roof/soffit protected so that wildlife can no longer access our attic. Well worth the money! It was a true pleasure dealing with these gentlemen! I’d highly recommend this company to everyone!!!